[O2/Cover Story] ¡®Plastic-dol¡¯ Kwanghee, “If Wonbin is 100 points, my face is 60 points”
|¡Ü “I feel sad if I hear that I looked fine before plastic surgery”
Hwang Kwanghee, member of 9-member group ‘Children of Empire’ (ZE:A). After confessing having undergone plastic surgery before his debut on broadcast, he has emerged as number 1 in variety programs and is even to make a cameo in the KBS 2TV Mon-Tues drama “Crime Squad”.
When asked if he feels embarrassed or hate the nickname of ‘plastic-dol’, he answered cheerfully “Not at all”.
Kwanghee, belonging to the group ZE:A, made their debut with single album ‘Nativity’ in 2010. Their debut has already been about 2 years but the team¡¯s name is still not widely known within the country. Even though Kwanghee is known, there are still many people who do not know ZE:A. Kwanghee replied while laughing “It was a very hard time when the album did not do well after our debut, but by chance the second half of last year was very enjoyable to be on varieties”.
¢º ‘Kwanghee, who greets well’¡¦Possessing love from entertainment seniors
Before Kwanghee made his debut with ZE:A, he has said that he had auditioned for other entertainment agencies but made the decision to settle at Star Empire because they had the image of raising ZE:A as the leading idols in the company. He then added in a reliable voice “I am working hard so that I will not bring disgrace to the reputation of the company”.
- Presently, out of all the ZE:A members you seem to be the most famous. Do you feel any sense of burden of being a ‘variety-dol’?
- What kind of books do you mainly read?
When asked if there are any seniors who give him a lot of advice, he replied with ‘King of Varieties’ Kang HoDong. Kang Hodong, who leads shows with his unique speaking skills like ‘Strong Heart’ and ‘The Knee-Drop Guru’ (MBC), promised Kwanghee that he will raise him within the Kang line. He also added “I will read a lot of books and I will not turn down anything that is asked of me on varieties”.
- Are there anymore seniors that treat you well?
¢º Sleep, fight with food …Living as an idol in Korea
After becoming the member to become the team representative, there has been no time for him to sleep. There are countless days where he has only slept for one or two hours. There has even been an occasion when they had to go from one broadcast station to the next because they were flooded by work for idol specials during the Lunar and other holidays the past year. It makes him feel crazy with the lack of sleep, but because of the responsibilities, he endures it.
- What is your driving force?
- What are some things you had to give up after becoming an idol?
- Are you on a diet?
¢º His goal for plastic surgery was Wonbin, wanted to look like him but satisfied with his current appearance
- To be honest, you looked fine in the past. Was there a need to do plastic surgery?
- You¡¯re face was not bad-looking before your surgery though.
- So you¡¯re goal outcome for your plastic surgery was Wonbin from ‘Ahjusshi’?
- Didn¡¯t you feel burdensome when you revealed the truth about having undergone plastic surgery?
¢º What is the relationship between 2AM Jokwon and yourself?
His position on variety is being the ‘frivolous character’. He is similar with 2AM Jokwon with those aspects. Kwanghee has viewed the entertainment industry like a jungle and thought that he would last long. However, he is safe with his unique way of speaking.
- You said your true side is your ‘kkap’ side, you show that side on shows a lot, but what is your real personality like?
- Jokwon¡¯s character overlaps in varieties with yours. What do you think about Jokwon?
- Is there an aspect where you think Jokwon is more outstanding than yourself?
|¢º Kwanghee is a singer. Idols are singers.
- Ultimately, you are a singer. In varieties, do you feel any burden standing out?
- You probably heard from people that you can¡¯t sing. You have heard that also?
- In February, during the fanmeeting, you sang Sisqo¡¯s ‘Incomplete’. Did you practice a lot for that?
- I felt uneasy for you. Hoping you won¡¯t make any mistakes.
- Is there a fan that has remained in your memory?
- So you have a lot of Japanese fans?
¢º Interest in girl group f(x) member Krystal, what is the progress so far¡¦
- Are you worried about the sudden gain in popularity?
- Have you earned a lot of money?
- What kind of person is your mother?
- Your age is the prime time for you to date, so when you go on varieties, there are girl groups that appear. Is there a friend you are having feelings toward?
- This is the first time I¡¯ve seen such a cute guy.
¢º If your girlfriend says she going to do plastic surgery? ¡°Well, I did it too.¡±
- What is your ideal type of girl?
- Could a fan be successful enough to be your girlfriend?
- What if your girlfriend says she will do plastic surgery?
- What if your children wanted to have plastic surgery?
- Please tell me your future plans.
- Is there something more you want to grab for this year?
Translation Credits: truelove21 @ Empire Children
Do not take out without proper credits